Sunday, October 5, 2008

A Creekside Cabins Wedding

Yesterday I had the pleasure of photographing the wedding of Atasha and Laine at Creekside Cabins in Louisa, Kentucky. And what a gorgeous day it was! The sky was the bluest blue, the sun was shining, and thanks to a nice breeze it never got too hot.

After getting ready in seperate cabins, the wedding party, family and guests came together out in an open field for the ceremony. The Bride, her father and Maid of Honor arrived by horsedrawn carriage, which I thought was a lovely touch. During the ceremony, I loved watching Atasha get tickled at her Groom, as she couldn't help but giggle several times throughout. The ceremony was short and sweet and the guests retreated to the shade of the reception tent afterwards.

Before making their entrace at the reception, I had a short time alone with the Bride and Groom to take some formal photographs. It was obvious to me during that time how in love Atasha and Laine are and what a happy day this was for them.

I photographed the reception on into the early evening, but I presume that they partied well into the night because not only were they roasting a whole pig for later, but the Kentucky Headhunters had been setting up all day for a concert they were going to be performing on the grounds that evening!

I'm sure it was a day and night that they will all remember for the rest of their lives, and it was an honor for me to be a part of that. Congratulations Atasha and Laine!!!

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are awesome, can't wait to see the rest of them!! Atasha Hughes

    ReplyDelete