Wednesday, March 4, 2009

They Grow Up So Fast...

Recently, my friend, Shana, brought her children to the studio for what seems to have become their annual photo session with me. I have known Shana for about seven years (give or take) and so I have watched Auburn and Austin grow from being giggly little kids (as seen in the first photo) to now much cooler teenagers, all through the lens of my camera. I hold a special place in my heart for Auburn and Austin because of the very close relationship I have with my own brother. Like me and Zach, I can tell that these two are not just caring siblings, but even when they were younger they have always been really good friends as well, which is a special bond that only strengthens with time.

I could hardly believe it last December when I found myself photographing Miss Auburn's Sweet 16 party! That little girl I once helped campaign for Miss Sweetheart (or something like that) at her elementary school is now driving!

What really blew me away, though, was how tall Austin has gotten just over the past year. That scrappy little kid whom I used to photograph pitching for his Little League team now TOWERS over his big sister!

Thanks to these two, I now have a much greater appreciation of the old saying, "They grow up too fast." You can be sure that whenever I finally decide to have a child of my own, I am probably going to photograph every minute of that poor baby's life!

Thanks, Shana, Auburn and Austin for another really fun photo session. See you guys next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment