Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Introducing Madilyn!

I have been sort of "on call" this week awaiting the arrival of Miss Madilyn Kate, the beautiful new daughter of two awesome former maternity clients, Michelle and Craig. I had mentioned to them during Michelle's maternity session a few months ago that I offer newborn portrait sessions, which can be done either at the hospital or in their home when the baby is only a few days old. Michelle and Craig loved the idea, so when Michelle was scheduled to be induced last Sunday, I got The Call. Finally, Monday night Madilyn Kate was born weighing in at a very healthy 8 pounds 3 ounces!

I couldn't wait to photograph this gorgeous 2 day-old this afternoon. She was simply...amazing. I have never photographed such a young newborn who was so alert and made so much eye contact with me. Some of Michelle and Craig's family members were there during the session and they were not only extremely nice people, but also proved to be a great help with posing and even props!

Thank you Michelle, Craig, Madilyn, and families for this memorable photo session. Madilyn took my breath away, so I can only imagine how you all must be feeling about her. :)

Oh! And p.s., thank you, also, for the delicious cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment